Officials of the Superior National Forest are seeking applications for the Superior Resource Advisory Committee (RAC).

“RACs are a great way for interested community members to engage in a public lands dialogue and recommend resource projects funded by the Secure Rural Schools Act,” Connie Cummins, Superior National Forest supervisor, according to a news release.

By law, the four-year term, 15-member committee is composed of a wide representation of national forest interests. Members are needed for three categories representing interest groups:

5 people who:

  • Represent organized labor or non-timber forest product harvester groups;

  • Represent developed outdoor recreation, off-highway vehicle users or commercial recreation activities;

  • Represent energy and mineral development interests or commercial or recreational fishing interests;

  • Represent the commercial timber industry; or

  • Hold federal grazing or other land use permits or represent nonindustrial private forest landowners within the area for which the committee is organized.

5 people who represent:

  • Nationally recognized environmental organizations;

  • Regionally or locally recognized environmental organizations;

  • Dispersed recreational activities;

  • Archaeological and historical interests; or

  • Nationally or regionally recognized wild horse and burro interest groups, wildlife or hunting organizations or watershed associations.

5 people who:

  • Hold state-elected office (or a designee);

  • Hold county or local elected office;

  • Represent American Indian tribes within or adjacent to the area for which the committee is organized;

  • Are school officials or teachers; or

  • Represent the affected public at large.

Any Minnesota resident interested in serving must complete two forms return them to the Superior National Forest Headquarters, 8901 Grand Avenue Place, Duluth, MN 55808 no later than Oct. 10. Forms can be found at

For questions, contact Lisa Radosevich-Craig at 218-626-4336 or