North Shore Library News: Feb. 26
Rangoli sand art coming to North Shore Libraries
• Silver Bay Public Library — Tuesday, March 13, at 6 p.m.
• Two Harbors Public Library — Wednesday, March 14, at 4 p.m.
Rangoli is an art form, originating in the Indian subcontinent, in which patterns are created on the floor in living rooms or courtyards using materials such as colored rice, dry flour, colored sand or flower petals. Learn to make a mandala pattern on paper using Rangoli. Interactive art event for ages 6 to adult.
This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Two Harbors Public Library
• "Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out of This Wild and Glorious Life," by Jen Hatmaker
• "Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki," by Kevin Crossley-Holland
• "Voices in the Stones: Life Lessons from the Native Way," by Kent Nerburn
• "How Democracies Die," by Steven Levitsky
• "Flames of Discontent: The 1916 Minnesota Iron Ore Strike," by Gary Kaunonen
• "The Monk of Mokha," by Dave Eggers
• "Home Sweet Murder," by James Patterson
• "Murder, Interrupted," by James Patterson
• "Guinness World Records: Science & Stuff"
• "Give a Girl a Knife," by Amy Thielen
• "If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint," by Diane Culhane
• "The Family Cabin: Inspiration for Camps, Cottages and Cabins," by Dale Mulfinger
Silver Bay Public Library
Thursday, March 1, at 6 p.m. — "How to Plan and Maintain a Native Plant/Pollinator Garden in Clay Soil"
Join us for a presentation on native gardens in northern Lake County. Learn why rain gardens are important and how citizens can be involved in maintaining the health of local water resources. The event will also discuss the Lake County tree order service and cost sharing for rain gardens.
Sponsored by the Silver Bay Public Library and Shoreview Natives of Two Harbors and Alice Tibbetts of Vibrant Silver Bay.
Friday, March 2, at 1 p.m. — Dr. Seuss Birthday Party!
Join us as we celebrate Theodor Geisel and his famous books. For all ages. Sponsored by Friends of the Library and library's winter reading program.
New juvenile nonfiction
• "Be a King: Dr. Martin Luther King's Dream & You," by Carole Weatherford
• "Epic Lego Adventures: With Bricks You Already Have," by Sarah Dees
• "Knock-Knock, Who's There?" by Lisa Regan
• "Newton's Rainbow," by Kathryn Lasky
• "Peppy in the Wild West," by Herge
• "Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me," by Lily Collins
• "Unsung Heroes: Stories of America's Bravest Fighters," by Bryn Baker
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.