Public hearing to address Two Harbors street, alley repairs
The Two Harbors City Council will hold a special meeting Monday, Jan. 29, at 6 p.m. to discuss the 2018 Street and Alley Improvement Project.
The meeting will serve as a public hearing for the project. If approved by the Council, the plans will be slated for approval in March, awarding of contracts in May and beginning construction in June.
A feasibility report presented to the Council on Monday, Jan. 22, by city-hired engineer Joe Rhein lists the total estimated costs for the streets and alley project as $1.6 million. If approved, 50 percent of those costs would be assessed to property owners along those streets and alleys while the city covers the other half.
Streets and alleys slated for repair:
• Ninth Avenue: Sixth to Seventh streets
• Ninth street: 10th to 11th avenues
• 13th Street: Seventh to Eighth avenues
• Alley north of Second Avenue: Fourth to Fifth streets
• Alley north of Third Avenue: Third to Fourth streets
• Alley north of Fourth Avenue: Fifth to Sixth streets
• Alley north of Seventh Avenue: Seventh to Eighth streets
• Alley north of Eighth Avenue: Seventh to Eighth streets