Cloquet's Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College English Department is calling for submissions to enter in the eighth edition of "The Thunderbird Review," the college’s annual anthology of creative writing and art. The deadline for submissions is Dec. 10.
Submission eligibility includes current students enrolled at FDLTCC, the University of Wisconsin-Superior, University of Minnesota Duluth, College of St. Scholastica and Lake Superior College, as well as residents of Carlton, St. Louis, Lake, Aitkin and Pine counties in Minnesota and Ashland, Douglas, Bayfield, Burnett, Sawyer and Washburn counties in Wisconsin.
Submissions must fall into one of five different categories:
- Short fiction (3,000 words maximum);
- Creative nonfiction (3,000 words maximum);
- Poetry (three poems maximum);
- Artwork (three works maximum, any media, but art must be submitted as a jpeg file via email);
- Music (three songs maximum; submit as a link to a website like YouTube, SoundCloud or BandCamp).
All contributors selected for the final publication will receive one free copy. Questions may be directed to Darci Schummer at email@example.com.
'The Thunderbird Review' submission criteria
- Authors and artists may submit one entry per category except as noted above.
- "The Thunderbird Review" selection committee will not accept work that has previously been published, is under consideration elsewhere or has received an award.
- Only emailed submissions will be accepted.
- Submissions must include contact information, including the submitter’s name, address, phone number, email address and the title(s) of works being submitted.
- Submissions must include a 50-word bio written in third person.
- The author’s name should not be included on submitted manuscripts, although artwork may be signed.
- Writing entries should use Times New Roman size 12 font.
- Writing entries must be sent as an attachment in .doc or .docx format. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.