Little Libraries on the Big Lake
Silver Bay Public Library News:
Don’t forget the Friends of the Silver Bay Library book sale to be held in conjunction with Bay Days. The book sale will be on Saturday, July 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the library. If you are able to volunteer on Friday, July 11 – before the book sale – please give the library a call at 226-4331.
New movies at the library:
• Grand Budapest Hotel
• Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
• Lego Movie
• Lone Survivor
• Monuments Men
• Saving Mr. Banks
• Three Days to Kill
New Books for
• Eruption! Volcanoes and the Science of Saving Lives, by Elizabeth Rusch
• Emergency and Rescue Vehicles, by Andra Serlin Abramson
• Electrical Wizard: How Nikola Tesla Lit up the World, by Elizabeth Rusch
• Stranded on an Island: Can Science Save Your Life, by Gerry Bailey
• On a beam of light: a Story of Albert Einstein, by Jennifer Berne
• Mister Bud Wears the Cone, by Carter Goodrich
• Poor Doreen: A Fishy Tale, by Sally Lloyd-Jones
• Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too, by Anna Dewdney
• Papa’s Mechanical Fish, by Candace Fleming
• Designs by Isabelle, by Laurence Yep
• Grandmaster, by David Klass
• Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom, by Christopher Healy
• Framed & Dangerous, by Kim Harrington
• Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, by Kim Dean
Two Harbors Public Library News:
Heritage Days Friends of the Library Book Sale will take place Friday, July 11, 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, July 12, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Book sale books are the perfect beach reads - no fines for lost or water-soaked books!
Tuesday, July 15, at 6 p.m., Brian Freeman, international bestselling author and award winning mystery writer, best known for his Jonathan Stride series that take place in Las Vegas and Duluth, will be speaking at THPL and signing books. His latest book is “The Cold Nowhere.” His visit was made possible through a grant from the Minnesota Book Awards and a donation from the Friends of the Two Harbors Public Library.
Thursday, July 17, at 5:30 p.m., Dean Hovey an author from Stillwater whose Whistling Pines books are set in a slightly fictionalized Two Harbors, will speak at the THPL. “Whistling Sousa,” the second in the series, features the Two Harbors City Band - come for the program, and then go to the band concert!