STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF LAKE
DISTRICT COURT - CIVIL DIVISION
SIXTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No. 38-CV-19-116
Case Type: 14. Other Civil (Quiet Title)
the unknown heirs of Freida Dawes, deceased; the unknown heirs of George E. Mallen, deceased; the unknown heirs of Marjorie Mallen, deceased; the unknown heirs of Dorothy Schilla, deceased; the unknown heirs of Edward Schilla, deceased; the unknown heirs of Walter Clarence Mallen, deceased; the unknown heirs of Florence Mallen, deceased; the unknown heirs of Janyce Anderson, deceased; the unknown heirs of Barbara Christie, deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you.
The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within twenty (20) days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at HANFT FRIDE, A Professional Association, 130 W. Superior Street, 1000 US Bank Place, Duluth, MN 55802.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within twenty (20) days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Lake County, State of Minnesota, as follows: SW of SE and SE of SW , Section 9, Township 55, Range 9 West of the Fourth Principal Meridian, Lake County, Minnesota.
The object of this action is to obtain a judgment that Plaintiff is the owner, in fee simple, of the above-described real property, and that none of said defendants have any estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
That no personal claim is made by Plaintiff against any of the Defendants.
Dated: March 19, 2019
HANFT FRIDE, A Professional Association
/s/ Charles H. Andresen
Charles H. Andresen, #2604
Attorney for Plaintiff
130 W. Superior Street
1000 US Bank Place
Duluth, MN 55802
Lake County News Chronicle: April 5, 12 & 19, 2019 #2739263