North Shore Library News: Learn Valentine card making with iris fold in Silver Bay
"How to Duo With Pushing Chain" — Monday, Feb. 4, 6 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library, and Tuesday, Feb. 5, 6 p.m., Silver Bay Public Library.
Join Pushing Chain, an acoustic folky-tonk duo from the shores of Lake Superior, as they discuss musical choices and performance decisions as they apply to being a duo. How do they arrange songs to fit into the seemingly small box of an acoustic folk duo? What do they think about while writing, performing, and arranging material? How do they hold an audience's attention with two instruments and two microphones?
During this 60-minute program, Pushing Chain will discuss their process and illustrate the discussion with songs chosen from a vast catalog of original music, as well as some songs you probably know!
This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund. To learn more about Arrowhead Legacy events, please see our calendar at alslib.info
Two Harbors Public Library
• "The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups," by Daniel Coyle.
• "Ultimate Sweater Book: the Essential Guide for Adventurous Knitters," by Amy Herzog.
• "Mel Bay's Complete Mandolin Method."
• "Racing to the Finish: My Story," by Dale Earnhardt Jr.
• "250 Amazing Fishing Tips: The Best Tactics and Techniques to Catch Any and All Game Fish," by Lamar Underwood.
• "Selling Your Poetry Book: Marketing Tips for Published Poets," by James P. Wagner.
• "Well-Read Black Girl: Find Our Stories, Discovering Ourselves, an Anthology," by Glory Edim.
• "The Selected Poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay."
• "American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin," by Terrance Hayes.
• "So Far So Good! Final Poems 2014-2018," by Ursula K. LeGuin.
Silver Bay Public Library
"Valentine Card Making with the Iris Fold" — Friday, Feb. 8, 1 p.m. Join Bonnie Warner in creating the beautiful Iris fold Valentine card. There will also be an open card-making table available. Young children should be supervised.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Library and winter reading program with support from Thrivent Team Action Funds.
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.