North Shore Library News
Two Harbors Public Library
Arrowhead Library System, in partnership with Recorded Books, is happy to announce the launch of the RBdigital eMagazine Collection. RBdigital eMagazines offers full-color, interactive digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices and apps.
Patrons can browse the collection of over 120 popular magazines with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
Collection features include:
• Online reading: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser, or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
• Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on mobile devices, including Apple iOS, Android and Kindle Fire /HD/HDX.
• Current issues: New issues are often released simultaneously to the print edition or with a slight delay to allow for formatting issues. New issues appear automatically in the library's collection once available and are ready for immediate checkout.
• Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library's collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
• Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
• ● No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
To create an account and start downloading eMagazines, please visit arrowheadmn.rbdigital.com.
Silver Bay Public Library
Friday, Oct. 12, 1 p.m. — Do you have puzzles you have already worked? Why buy new puzzles when you can trade them? Bring in one or more puzzles to exchange with others. If you don't have any to swap, join us anyway. Limit one free if you don't have any to swap.
Feel free to bring a snack or sweet to share. Coffee and cookies provided. Sponsored by the Friends of SBPL.
New juvenile nonfiction
• "She Persisted Around the World: 13 Women Who Changed History," by Chelsea Clinton
• "Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel," by Mariah Marsden
• "Bold Women in Black History," by Vashti Harrison
• "Bugs!," by Shira Evans
• "Build Your Own Adventure: Greatest Ninja Battles," Ninjago
• "Chords for Kids Made Easy," by Jake Jackson
• "Gravity Falls: Lost Legends," by Alex Hirsch
• "Great Chicago Fire: All is Not Lost," by Steven Otfinosky
• "Improv Show," by Virginia Lo-Hagen
• "Junior Maker," DK Publishing
• "Junk Drawer Chemistry," by Bobby Mercer
• "Knights Club, The Band of Bravery," by Shuky
• "Learning How to Learn: How to Succeed in School ..." by Barbara Oakley
• "Low-Mess Crafts for Kids," by Debbie Chapman
• "Minecraft: Guide to Creative," by Craig Jelley
• "More Girls Who Rocked the World," by Michelle McCann
• "Relic of the Dragon," by Adrian Benatar
• "Selma Marches for Civil Rights," by Steven Otfinoski
• "Unicorns," by Erin Peabody
• "Whales and Dolphins: Believe it or Not!," by Camilla De La Bedoyere
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.