North Shore Library News
Two Harbors Public Library
We will be closed Monday, Sept. 3, for Labor Day. We will be open Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., starting Sept. 8.
New nonfiction books
• "Two Truths and a Lie: Histories and Mysteries," by Ammi-Joan Paquette
• "Sting-Ray Afternoons: A Memoir," by Steve Rushin
• "There Are No Grown-Ups: A Midlife Coming-of-Age Story," by Pamela Druckerman
• "Happiness is a Choice You Make: Lessons From a Year Among the Oldest," by John Leland
• "Unbound: Transgender Men and the Remaking of Identity," by Arlene Stein
• "Many Love: A Memoir of Polyamory and Finding Love(s)," by Sophie Lucido Johnson
• "Pops: Fatherhood in Pieces," by Michael Chabon
• "Iron and Water: My Life Protecting Minnesota's Environment," by Grant J. Merritt
• "Goodbye, Sweet Girl: A Story of Domestic Violence and Survival," by Kelly Sundberg
• "Conan Doyle for the Defense: The True Story of a Sensational British Murder, a Quest for Justice, and the World's Most Famous Detective Writer," by Margalit Fox
• "Teach Your Child Meditation: 70 Fun & Easy Ways to Help Kids De-Stress & Chill Out," by Lisa Roberts
• "What the Eyes Don't See: A Story of Crisis, Resistance, and Hope in an American City," by Mona Hanna-Attisha
Silver Bay Public Library
As written in last week's article, there are many free benefits with your library card.
Try Chilton's Library for step-by-step automotive service and repair procedures; wiring diagrams; maintenance and specification tables; troubleshooting guides and diagnostic trouble codes; photos, illustrations, diagrams and multimedia; ASE test prep; domestic and import vehicle information through the current model year; individual tabs for repair, maintenance and labor estimating; and bulletin/recall information and powerful search functionality.
With Electronic Library Minnesota, you can search hundreds of periodicals without paying a subscription fee. ELM is a collection of research and information databases to be used by Minnesota residents through their school, public, academic and state government libraries or the ELM Portal.
Minnesota Reflections is a collection of more than 52,000 images and documents depicting the history of Minnesota. Historical societies, public libraries, special archives, universities and colleges have shared their original materials with the Minnesota Digital Library.
NoveList is a comprehensive catalog enrichment service which adds reading recommendations directly to your records, turning your existing catalog into a place for book discovery.
All of these database are accessible through ww.alslib.info.
If you don't have a library card, bring in a photo ID and proof of address and get yours today.
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.