Two Harbors Public Library
Historical Saami novel chosen for 'One Book Northland'
Join the excitement of One Book Northland and this year's pick, "The Wind and the Drum," which is a historical novel about the Saami in 1670s Sweden. One Book Northland has been going on for 17 years, and brings the community together to read the same book and attend related events. The Duluth Public Library, Cloquet Public Library, Two Harbors Public Library, and Kathryn A. Martin Library at the University of Minnesota Duluth will all be hosting events tied to "The Wind and the Drum." Stay tuned for further details about events in April.
• "Enchantress of Numbers," by Jennifer Chiaverini
• "A Hope Divided," by Alyssa Cole
• "Last Mrs. Parrish," by Liv Constantine
• "Persepolis Rising," by James S.A. Corey
• "The Wanted," by Robert Crais
• "The Marsh King's Daughter," by Karen Dionne
• "The Gift," by Shelley Shepard Gray
• "Spoonbenders," by Daryl Gregory
• "Death at Nuremberg," by W.E.B. Griffin
• "Uncommon Type: Some Stories," by Tom Hanks
• "The Dry," by Jane Harper
• "The Ghosts of Sleath," by James Herbert
• "Haunted," by James Herbert
• "Now That You Mention It," by Kristan Higgins
• "An Unkindness of Magicians," by Kat Howard
• "Darker," by E.L. James
Silver Bay Public Library
February is "Love Your Library Month." Give a little or give a lot. Let me count the ways I love my library:
Is it the free books, music, magazines (including digital) and movies it loans to me with my library card?
Or could it be that it offers me access to computers and free wireless internet?
Is it because of all the programs it offers to me and my children that enlighten us and delight us?
Maybe it's in the way the staff are so kind and patient when I have a question I feel a little embarrassed to ask.
Or is it in how welcoming they are to people of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs?
Maybe most of all, it is because it is a place where I am free to believe in all the things I have found possible within its walls.
This February, love your library. It loves you back.
Design a Book Bag — Friday, Feb. 9, at 1 p.m.
For all ages! Join us in celebrating "Love Your Library" by personalizing your very own, reusable cotton book bag. One side will have the Friends of the Library logo, the other side will be yours to create an original design. One bag per participant. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
S'mores and hot chocolate — Friday, Feb. 16, at 1 p.m.
Outdoor activity. Dress appropriately! Join us outside for old-fashioned fun of roasting marshmallows and making smores. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.