Two Harbors Public Library
Free Arrowhead Library System digital resources
As schools across Minnesota close, Arrowhead Library System wants you to know about the free digital resources available to you 24/7 without leaving the comfort and safety of your home, including e-books, audiobooks, digital magazines and more! These resources include:
- Brainfuse – HelpNow offers one-on-one homework help, skills building, writing lab, subject testing and language support.
- Brainfuse – JobNow offers live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide users through the necessary tasks to get a job.
- MackinVIA PreK-Grade 12 School e-book Collection for ALS Member School Libraries offers over 2,000 titles available for download, content-selected for school-age youth.
- OverDrive/Libby App offers e-books and audiobooks that can be downloaded onto devices for quick reading and listening.
- Novelist, a readers’ advisory database.
- Chilton, an auto repair database.
- RBDigital, a collection of downloadable full-color, interactive digital magazines.
To see the full list of databases available to you, please visit the ALS Research Databases page to get started: http://www.alslib.info/services/research-databases/
There are also many great resources that are available to all Minnesota residents for free thanks to Minitex, an information and resource sharing program of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the University of Minnesota Libraries:
- Ebooks Minnesota: Online e-book collection that covers a wide variety of subjects for readers of all ages, and features content from our state's independent publishers, including some of our best literature and nonfiction. Find them at https://ebooksmn.org.
- eLibraryMN/Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM): Search ELM for magazine, newspaper and journal articles, e-books and information from reference sources — available to Minnesota residents at no charge at https://elibrarymn.org.
- Minnesota Reflections: Search Minnesota Reflections to find photos, documents and maps related to Minnesota history. Check it out at https://reflections.mndigital.org/.
- MN Writes MN Reads: Design and export your own e-book, share your e-book with readers across the state, and discover new, local, and rising star authors at www.mnwritesmnreads.org.
Silver Bay Public Library
In the interest of public health to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and pursuant to Gov. Tim Walz's emergency executive order, the Silver Bay Public Library will be closed through March 27, with all programs suspended indefinitely. The library will tentatively re-open Monday, March 30. All residents with a valid library card may view the many online resources at www.alslib.info. For assistance, leave a message at 226-4331. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your cooperation.
Congratulations to all the readers who participated in the library’s winter reading program, Curl Up with a Good Book. Thirty-six participants logged a total of 22,100 minutes of reading time! Children earned certificates towards ice cream cones from Jimmy's Pizza and Ice Cream Shoppe and coupons towards books of their choice. The program was sponsored by the Friends of the Silver Bay Library and Thrivent Action Team Funds.