The Arrowhead Library System is pleased to present Sons and Daughters of the Northern Lights with The Sutter Brothers, a free 50-minute program being offered for adult audiences at the following dates and locations:
• Monday, May 6, 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library.
• Tuesday, May 7, 6 p.m., Silver Bay Public Library.
The Sutter Brothers, Ross and Bart, will present a 50-minute program of music and stories, poetry and song that explores the experience of Scandinavian immigrants, their ancestors, and their descendants.
For more than 30 years, The Sutter Brothers have performed shows that integrate Bart's original writing with Ross' versions of traditional Scandinavian and American songs and tunes. "Sons and Daughters of the Northern Lights" will offer glimpses of early settlers, memories of a vanished village school, a lament for ghost towns, and celebrations of colorful farm folk and fishermen.
The show will be specially designed to evoke memories and provoke curiosity about regional history, ethnic culture, and the presence of the past in our contemporary lives.This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Two Harbors Public Library
The Two Harbors Public Library was selected as the winner of this year's Community Impact Award, presented at the Taste of the North event. For us, it is really quite an honor.
We want to thank all the community members and businesses who have supported and partnered with us over the years, and we really hope to continue to do this good work well into the future.
Thank you all for being such a wonderful community, and know that we will continue to do our best!
Silver Bay Public Library
New juvenile fiction
• "Badger's Perfect Garden," by Marsha Arnold
• "Cheerful Chick," by Martha Brockenbrough
• "Children of Blood and Bone," by Tomi Adeyemi
• "Disaster on the Titanic," by Kate Messner
• "Life as a Viking," by Allison Lassieur
• "Little Red Caboose," by Kristen Depken
• "Look and Find Disney: Blaze Drive & Find"
• "Look and Find Disney: Frozen"
• "The Showstopper: A Rebecca Mystery"
• "New Age," by Chris D'Lacey
• "Science No Fair," by Nancy Krulik
• "Sparky's Lucky Day," by Melinda Larose
For more information, visit twoharborspubliclibrary.com or silverbay.com.