A dozen Lake County youth participated in the Minnesota State Fair, which drew 4-H members from 87 counties and over 2,300 exhibits and about 175 public presentations.
A collection of the best exhibits from each county fair is brought to present in the 4-H Building at the Minnesota State Fair. Lake County participants included:
- Libby Althaus, Craft, yarn art;
- Janee’ Bailey, Fine Arts, owl drawing;
- Madison Waldron, Craft, painted box;
- Faith Williams, Dog Poster;
- Cammi Vandenberg, Photography, deer picture;
- Katarina Hanson, Small Engine, rebuilt snowmobile;
- Sophia Bata, Dog Poster, barn hunt;
- Elsa Mead, Electric, wireless bluetooth speaker;
- Signe Mead, Shop, cat house/toy;
- Ethan Swartout, Engineer Design, railroad spike knife;
- Audrey Hanson, Self-Determined, rebuilt trail mate;
- Alexis Hanson, Self-Determined, tiny house.
Audrey Hanson of Two Harbors is the 2018 recipient of the “Lake County 4-Her of the Year” award. She was presented with a trophy and cash prize during a ceremony at the Lake County Fair.
Audrey is a member of the North Shore 4-H Club and Lake County Ambassadors. The horse project is her passion and her favorite project.
She also rebuilt a Snow Jet trailmate for a project for the Lake County Fair this year, for which she earned a reserve champion award and the opportunity to bring it to the State Fair.