Sve to continue as Lake County Board chairman
The Lake County Board of Commissioners kicked off the New Year with its organizational meeting Tuesday, Jan. 2, in Two Harbors, naming the board chairman, setting its meeting schedule and making committee assignments.
Commissioner Rich Sve was again unanimously selected as board chairman. Jeremy Hurd was confirmed as the vice chairman; he will run meetings when Sve is absent.
The board also set its 2018 meeting schedule. Agenda and action meetings will continue to be held at 2 p.m. Tuesdays in the Split Rock River Room of the Lake County Service Center in Two Harbors. The full schedule is available at co.lake.mn.us or at the Lake County Courthouse.
The board also set its committee assignments for 2018:
• Arrowhead Regional Development Commission Board — Hurd
• Arrowhead Regional Corrections Board — Hurd and Commissioner Rick Goutermont
• Northeast Regional Emergency Communications Board — Commissioner Peter Walsh
• Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) Broadband Committee — Sve
• Arrowhead Library System Governing Board — Hogenson