North Shore Library News: Nov. 3
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) has begun. NaNoWriMo is a worldwide event where participants work toward the goal of creating a 50,000-word novel starting Nov. 1 and ending by 11:59 p.m. Nov. 30. It’s not too late to start on this daring and wonderful adventure. Visit nanowrimo.org for details on how you can participate.
The library will have a number of writing-related programs in November. Check out our Facebook page or our website, twoharborspubliclibrary.com, for more details about library events.
New young adult fiction
- “The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic” by Leigh Bardugo
- “Nothing” by Annie Barrows
- “Because You Love to Hate Me”
- “Jane Unlimited” by Kristin Cashore
- “Sun Warrior” by P. C. Cast
- “Grit” by Gillian French
- “Monster” (a “Gone” novel) by Michael Grant
- “Genuine Fraud” by E. Lockhart
- “The Hush” by Skye Melki-Wegner
- “Release” by Patrick Ness
- “Nyxia” by Scott Reintgen
- “They Both Die at the End” by Adam Silvera
- “All the Crooked Saints” by Maggie Stiefvater
- “Night of Cake & Puppets” by Laini Taylor
Bonnie Warner of Stamping to See You will present “Fabulous Holiday Card Making” from 4-6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 6.
Learn to make a festive holiday cards using die cuts and embossed embellishments. Paper supplies provided at no charge. Children under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Reminder: The Arrowhead Library System will host Lorna Landvik at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7. She will present “My Life as a Writer.”
The talk is sponsored by the Arrowhead Library System and funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
For more information about Silver Bay Public Library events, visit silverbay.com.
New fiction for young readers
- “Adventurer’s Guide to Successful Escapes” by Wade White
- “Beyond the Bright Sea” by Lauren Wolk
- “Bronze Key” by Holly Black
- “Danger in Ancient Rome” by Kate Messner
- “Disappearances” by Emily Murphy
- “Duck on a Tractor” by David Shannon
- “Giant Jumperee” by Julia Donaldson
- “Hello, Goodbye Dog” by Maria Gianferrari
- “Legend of Rock, Paper Scissors” by Adam Rex
- “Little Red Rolls” by Linda Whalen
- “Once and for All” by Sarah Dessen
- “Once Upon a Frog” by Sarah Mlynowski
- “Space Camp” by Ray O’Ryan
- “Stick Dog Slurps Spaghetti” by Tom Watson
- “This is the Rope” by Jacqueline Woodson