North Shore Library News: Oct. 27
The Arrowhead Library System is pleased to present Lorna Landvik with My Life as a Writer.
• Nov. 7 at 1 p.m. at the Silver Bay Public Library
• Nov. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Two Harbors Public Library
Experience the writer's life of Lorna Landvik, author of recently released, "Once in a Blue Moon Lodge." Patrons from teens through adults will enjoy this witty and informative discussion.
Lorna Landvik is the author of many novels including the bestselling "Patty Jane's House of Curl." She has performed stand-up and improvisational comedy and is also a public speaker, playwright and actor.
Lorna's mother's family was from the Valdres Valley area in Norway and her dad's family was from Telemark, Norway. The author was born in North Dakota, even though the family lived in East Grand Forks, Minn. Lorna visited Norway at 17 years of age. Lorna is married with two children and currently resides in Minneapolis.
This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Silver Bay Public Library:
Annual Christmas Tea and Basket Raffle tickets are now on sale. The Friends of the Library Christmas Tea will be held at 2 p.m. Dec. 2. Raffle will be held separately with ticket sales beginning at 1:15 p.m. Tickets sell fast and must be bought in advance, so get yours today, available from the library and Friends of the Library.
Two Harbors Public Library:
• The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got It All Wrong — and How Eating More Might Save Your Life, by Dr. James DiNicolantonio
• Grow It, Heal It: Natural and Effective Herbal Remedies from Your Garden or Windowsill, by Christopher Hobbs and Leslie Gardner
• At the Southern Table with Paula Deen: 150 Classic Recipes to Share with Family and Friends, by Paula Deen
• The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies, by Jason Fagone
• It Takes a Tribe: Building the Tough Mudder Movement, by Will Dean
• Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life, by Annie Spence
• Alone: Britain, Churchill, and Dunkirk: Defeat into Victory, by Michael Korda
• Gorbachev: His Life and Times, by William Taubman
• Korea Reborn: A Grateful Nation Honors War Veterans for 60 Years of Growth
• The Vietnam War: An Intimate History, by Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns
• Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence, by Bill O'Reilly