North Shore Library News: June 6
Silver Bay Public Library News A reminder to all readers from birth to 18 years: The summer reading program, Paws For Reading, starts as soon as the library doors open at 10 a.m. on Monday morning, June 9.
New Books at the Library
• Alpine Yeoman, by Mary Daheim
• Antiques Con, by Barbara Allen
• Bad Wolf, by Nele Neuhaus
• Chestnut Street, by Maeve Binchy
• Cold Nowhere: A Jonathan Stride Novel, by Brian Freeman
• Death of a Chocoholic, by Lee Hollis
• Death on the Greasy Grass, by C. M. Wendelboe
• Family Affair, by Fern Michaels
• Miracle Thief, by Iris Anthony
• Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles
• Robert B. Parker’s Cheap Shot, by Ace Atkins
• Skin Collector, by Jeffrey Deaver
• Sorrel Moon, by Cotton Smith
• The Painter, by Peter Heller
• Ways of Evil Men, by Leighton Gage
• You should have Known, by Jean Korelitz
• Critter Club: Liz at Marigold Lake, by Callie Barkley
• Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell, by G.M. Berrow
• Around-the-world Safari, by Calliope Glass
• Fur and Feathers, by Claire Lleywellyn
• Magic Tree House #52: Soccer on Sunday, by Mary Pope Osborne
• Huff and Puff, by Tish Rabe
• Under the Same Sky, by Sharon Robinson
• Countdown, by Natalie Standiford
• The Scraps Book: Notes from a Colorful Life, by Louise Ehlert
• Horrible Harry and the Stolen Cookie, by Suzy Kline
• Lulu and the Duck in the Park, by Hilary McKay
Two Harbors Public Library News Paws to read!
Summer reading programs begin now
We have summer reading programs for all ages! The kids’ summer reading program is for children from preschool to 6th grade; if your child doesn’t know how to read yet, he or she can still earn reading credit based on the books you read to him or her. How the program works is that children earn an entry into a prize drawing for every hour of reading time, as well as a small incentive prize, which can be used as a donation towards the library’s purchase of pet fish. We will also have a kids’ summer movie series every Tuesday at 3 p.m., a children’s storytime series every Thursday at 2:30 p.m., and a kids’ craft series every Thursday at 3 p.m. Stop by the library to learn about other upcoming events, including the all-new THPL Lego club, the Stuffed Animal Sleepover, and a visiting musician!
For the teens, grades six through recent high school graduates, we have a teens only program. The grand prize is a $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. There will also be a number of smaller prizes, including book bags, journals, dog tags, key chains, and more. Teens earn an entry into the drawing for every book read, and
for every library event attended. Upcoming events include Anime Club, a Wii Gaming Day, a presentation by a former Saturday Night Live writer, and more.
Remembering how much fun we all had as children in the reading programs, we are also offering an adult summer reading program.
The grand prize is a gift certificate to Kamloops restaurant, donated by Superior Shores, as well as a collection of smaller prizes, including book bags for the first entrants. Similar to the teen program, prize entries are based on the number of books read throughout the summer.
Finally, we are having our first ever team challenge. It is the library staff vs. the library board for the most number of books read this summer. Pick a team, cheer them on and watch their progress on the scoreboard posted in the library!
For more about library events, see the web sites www.silverbay.com/library.htm and www.twoharborspubliclibrary.com