North Shore Library News: Feb. 21
Silver Bay Public Library news
Yes, we are feeling the love at the library! The donations are coming in. Thanks to all of you who have so generously donated during Love Your Library month. The time is always right to show your support. Unlike so many contributions that you may give, you can tell us how you would like your donation used. We will do our very best to honor your donation by spending every penny in the best way possible, as always.
Everyone is welcome to Sean Emery’s performance: “Funny Guy Jugglin’ Stuff.” The event will take place on Thursday, Feb. 20, at 1 p.m. in the William Kelley School auditorium. Sean’s program is comedy for all ages!
• Honor Flight
• Lone Ranger
• Lots & Lots of Fire
• Man of Steel
• Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
• Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
• The Butler (Lee Daniel’s)
New books on CD
• Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
• Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
• Matilda by Roald Dahl
• Welcome to Camden Falls by Anne M. Martin
• Snow Spider by Jenny Nimmo
Two Harbors PublicLibrary news On Monday, Feb. 24 at 4:30 p.m., we will host a professional circus performer - Sean Emery, who titles his performance: “Funny Guy Jugglin’ Stuff.” Sean has trained with the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey, performing at venues ranging from county fairs to Radio City Music Hall and even the White House! His skills go beyond simply juggling to include unicycling and comedy. This program is open to all ages. Stop on by for a good laugh and enjoy the sense of wonder he imparts!
On Thursday, Feb. 27, from 5 – 7 p.m., there will be an art reception for Nancy Miller and Tonja Sell, the creators of the mixed media masterpiece that now resides above the fireplace in the Carnegie building. This will be an opportunity to meet the artists in person, ask about the artistic process, this particular picture’s creation, and learn about the meaning of all the little nuances that are hidden throughout the piece. The artwork was made possible by a grant from the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage fund. The reception is sponsored by the Friends of the Library; it is a February Love Your Library event, and refreshments will be served. This event if formally hosted by Susie Rosette.
• Thunder of Freedom: Black Leadership & the Transformation of 1960’s Mississippi by Sue Sojourner
• The Big Book of Breads by Betty Crocker
• The Big Book of Cupcakes by BettyCrocker
• Encore Career Handbook: How To Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life by Marci Alboher
• The Fall of Arthur, by J.R.R. Tolkien
• Lady Catherine, The Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon
• November’s Fury: The Deadly Great Lakes Hurricane of 1913, by Michael Schumacher
For more about library events, visit these web sites: www.silverbay.com/library.htm and www.twoharborspubliclibrary.com