Letter to the editor: Winter Frolic committee says thanks
A number of people, organizations, and businesses need to be thanked for their contributions to the 2014 Two Harbors Winter Frolic. The event was a huge success!
Some of the highlights included:
• Over 200 people participated in the Family Fun Run & 5K
• Over 600 people went through the big tent throughout the day and night
• Due to the large number of participants, the American Legion pancake breakfast ran out of pancakes
• The Kids’ Winter Carnival had an overwhelming number of participants
• The sliding hill was a huge
• Over 80 sleds were registered for the vintage snowmobile ride
• 95 people voted in the chili cook-off , an increase from the average 55 - 60 votes in previous years
• Eight teams participated in the community curling bonspiel, with Labounty winning the trophy.
Thanks to the chili cook-off participants: Carmody 61, Superior Shores, Grand Superior Lodge, Vanilla Bean, Rustic Inn and Mocha Moose. Superior Shores Kamloops, the defending champions, took the contest again.
We want to thank our committee: our co-chairs Deb Ruberg & Mayor Randy Bolen; Randy Willert from the TH Credit Union; Sara Cuypers from Harbor Insurance Agency; Steph Aho from Wells Fargo; Brenda Swanson; Mike Marksmeyer; Dick Bohrer; THHS DECA students Samantha Etienne, Emily Archer, Nathan Mickelson; TH Public Works superintendent Larry Fabini; Jim Gilbert; Jerry Norberg; Chris Langenbrunner.
We also wish to thank our sponsors: London Road Rental, the City of Two Harbors, Carmody 61, TH Credit Union, Lake Bank, Wells Fargo, TH Area Fund; TH Visitors Bureau; Dairy Queen of TH; Sonju’s; Lake County News-Chronicle & Forum Communications; Northshore Transportation/Party Bus; Pure Driven; Superior Shores; Coop Light & Power.
We look forward to making the 2015 Two Harbors Winter Frolic bigger and better next year! See you then!