North Shore Library News: June 4
'Writing Memoir, Writing Life' with Kate St. Vincent Vogl
• Silver Bay Public Library — Wednesday, June 6, 1:30 p.m.
• Two Harbors Public Library — Thursday, June 7, 3:30 p.m.
Discover tips on how to grab your reader's attention from the start, how to write effective dialogue and how to provide the most powerful ending to your story. Through writing exercises and class discussion, learn the essentials of writing your life's narrative. An interactive writing workshop for ages 12 to adult.
This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Two Harbors Public Library
Summer reading programs for kids, teens, and adults start Monday, June 11, and end Friday, Aug. 17. The theme this year is "Reading Takes You Everywhere," with related prizes and programs for all ages. Signup anytime within the period and any books read since June 11 count toward prize drawings.
Silver Bay Public Library
"When will the summer reading program begin?" This has been the recent question of the day at the library.
Summer's 2018 reading program, "Reading Takes You Everywhere!," begins June 11 and runs through Aug. 3. Youth from birth through grade 12 may sign up at any time. We will have lots of crafts, incentives, special programs and fun! A program and schedule of events will be given out at signup.
New juvenile books
• "All Aboard the Spooky Express," by Eric James
• "Batman Has a Plan," by Tina Gallo
• "Cordelia," by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt
• "Dog and Mouse," by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt
• "Emmett and the Bright Blue Cape," by Alyssa Capucilli
• "Forbidden Power," by Max Brallier
• "Glass Sword," by Victoria Aveyard
• "How to Make an Apple Pie," by Marjorie Priceman
• "Refugee," by Alan Gratz
• "Round," by Joyce Sidman
• "Tinyville Town Time for School," by Brian Biggs