North Shore Library News: Nov. 24
Two Harbors Public Library
Create your own eBooks to share with MN Writes MN Reads. Local authors — indie, self-published, aspiring and mainstream — can now create eBooks and share them with readers across the state and potentially across the country using free tools provided by Arrowhead Library System and other Minnesota library systems. For more information, visit mnwritesmnreads.org.
Create, design and export your own eBook using Pressbooks, an easy-to-use, online tool that allows you to create professional-quality versions of your book in ePUB, MOBI, PDF and more formats. After formatting your book with Pressbooks, you can use SELF-e to share it with readers across the state. Read books by indie authors on Biblioboard, a community engagement platform for libraries.
• "Chess for Kids" by Michael Basman
• "Chess for Children" by Murray Chandler and Helen Milligan
• "Tactics Time: 1001 Chess Tactics" by Tim Brennan & Anthea Carson
• "Tactics Time 2: 1001 More Chess Tactics" by Tim Brennan & Anthea Carson
• "The Complete Manual of Positional Chess Vol. 1" by Sakaev & Landa
• "The Complete Manual of Positional Chess Vol. 2" by Sakaev & Landa
• "Bound By Ice" by Sandra Neil Wallace and Rich Wallace
• "Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II" by Liza Mundy
• "Vietnam at Peace" by Philip Jones Griffiths
• "100 Amazing Facts About the Negro" by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
• "My Family: A Portrait in Letters" by Susan Raycraft
Silver Bay Public Library
There are just two weeks left before the Friends of the Library Annual Christmas Tea and Basket Raffle. While ticket sales have been brisk, there are still a few left. The tea will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, at St Mary's Church. Tickets are $10 and raffle tickets are $1 each, or six tickets for $5. The raffle is held separately, beginning at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 2.
Tickets may be purchased at the public library. Call (218) 226-4331 to reserve or stop in at the library to purchase.
Are you working on a holiday card or scrapbook project? Through Thursday, Dec. 21, the library will have tools and some supplies available to create holiday cards and scrapbook pages. Stop by anytime and take the time you need to be creative. You may need to bring "consumable" supplies for personal use such as adhesives, embellishments, paper as well as specialized items: paper cutters, etc.
No guided instruction will be given. Children need to be supervised.
For more about library events, visit silverbay.com and twoharborspubliclibrary.com.